The University of Ghana invites applications for a Ph.D. scholarship the Humanities in the 2021/22 academic session.
The University of Ghana has received funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation of New York, USA, to train additional PhD students in a project titled: Enhancing Capacity and Postgraduate Education Humanities+ (ENCAPEH+) at University of Ghana.
The purpose of the project is to support further doctoral training in the Humanities at the University of Ghana.
The focus of the fellowship is in the following disciplines/units:
- Languages (including English, Linguistics, French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Russian)
- Arts (including Philosophy and Classics, Archaeology and Heritage Studies, the Study of Religions and History);
- Performing Arts (including Dance, Music and Theatre Arts);
- African Studies.
Worth of Award
- It is expected to be fully funded
An applicant for the PhD Fellowships:
- Should hold MA/MSc/MPhil degree in any on of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
- Should have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate commitment to pursue an academic career.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Current First Year PhD students in any departments listed above may apply. Students should attach their admission letter from the Graduate School.
How to Apply
- To apply for admission and scholarship, follow the link provided.
- For further enquiries, please send an email to [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline for applications is July 15, 2021.