Swansea University, UK, invites Nigerians to apply for its undergraduate scholarship for Nigerian students. The scholarships for Nigerians is offered by the International Development Office
Founded in 1920, Swansea is a vibrant research-led university which accommodates hundreds of Nigerians each year in undergraduate and postgraduate schools.
Worth of Award The scholarship is awarded in two forms:
- If you receive £4,000 in your first year (2014) you will be awarded £2,000 in your second year conditional on you passing the first year with an overall average of 65%
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees.
Eligibility You can apply for the International Excellence Scholarships for Undergraduates if you:
- Are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Nigeria
- Are classed as an overseas student for fee purpose
- Are enrolling on a course at Swansea University for the first time in September 2014. (Students applying for second year entry and foundation level students are not eligible to apply) OR have already submitted your application and hold an offer to study at Swansea University in September 2014
- Please note that students progressing from ICWS and students currently studying at Swansea are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- You will need to apply for your course at Swansea University before you can apply for a scholarship. Once you have submitted your application for your course you will receive a Swansea University student ID number (6 digit number), which is needed for your scholarship application.
- Any application forms without a student ID will be sent back to you and you will be requested to resubmit your application when you have applied for a course.
Notes on completing the application form:
- Make sure that the email you enter is one which you check regularly as we will use this for correspondence.
- Enter your student ID number (6 digit number) – this is required! Your application will be immediately declined and returned to you until you have received an ID number by applying for a course.
- excellence in extra-curricular areas such as in sport, music or other interests or your wider contribution to society through voluntary work
- how you think you can contribute to the university community at Swansea and your experience of different cultures, languages, countries and communities
- your future career goals and your leadership potential
- your life experience such as overcoming adversity or challenges in your life
- You can apply online via their website (see link below).
- Complete the Scholarship form 2014 and return along with your education transcripts to: [email protected]
For further information on scholarships and funding sources relating to specific countries please contact our Regional Manager: Vivian Odede, Swansea University Regional Manager for Nigera/Ghana Tel: +234 7059833881
Deadline: Applicants must have completed an application for a place to study at Swansea University which must have been received by the Admissions Office by the June 2, 2014 deadline.
Click here to apply online Click here for more details