Sawiris Foundation for Social Development in partnership with Newton Education Services invites applications for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship for Masters in Development Practice at the University of Minnesota USA for the 2022/23 academic session.
A choice to apply for the Masters in Development Practice is a choice to study at one of the top ten schools in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota.
Worth of Award
Scholarship benefits include
- University tuition
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
- Egyptian nationals residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 79 ( TOEFL internet-based, minimum 21 in writing and 19 in reading ), or 6.5 (IELTS, minimum 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading).
- Commitment to working in the development sector in Egypt following graduation from YLSS Program for no less than two (2) consecutive years.
- Applicants are committed to providing proof of income.
How to Apply
The required documents for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship for Masters in Development Practice include
- Completed application form including the personal statement.
- Copy of valid passport ID page.
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS valid score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
Deadline: The scholarship official announcement takes place from May to mid-October of each year.