Sawiris Foundation for Social Development in partnership with Newton Education Services invites applications for the Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship for Masters in Development Practice at the University of Minnesota USA for the 2023/24 academic session.
A choice to apply for the Masters in Development Practice is a choice to study at one of the top ten schools in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. It’s also a choice to have an extraordinarily memorable study experience.
Worth of Award
In view of this, you can be sure that the scholarship will cover
- full tuition,
- living expenses,
- travel and
- health insurance.
As a result, the eligible candidate must
- Be an Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
It is important to note that
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam dates should be within two years of the start of the graduate program. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section)
How to Apply
The required documents for this scholarship include
- A completed application form including a personal statement
- A copy of the valid passport ID page
- An updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from your current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
Deadline: The deadline for the 2023-2024 Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship for Masters in Development Practice is Thursday, October 13, 2022.