Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship is established by Guangdong Provincial Government to attract outstanding international students for undergraduate and graduate studies in the universities of Guangdong Province. As one of the key comprehensive universities, South China Normal University (SCNU) undertakes the enrolment of international students under this government scholarship.
Worth of Award
The one-off payment subsidy is worth:
- RMB￥30,000 per person for doctoral students;
- RMB ￥20,000 per person for master’s students;
- RMB￥10,000 per person for bachelor’s students.
- Winners for this scholarship will be given priority consideration in the next round of scholarship applications.
- must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- should apply for undergraduate or graduate study.
- must be rated excellent in their previous study and select appropriate discipline in accordance with his/her interest and academic background with a well-prepared study or research plan.
- should be self-funded students. This application is not open to those who have been awarded other scholarships.
Students also need to satisfy the education background and age limit:
- undergraduate studies must have a graduation diploma of senior high school or higher education and be under the age of 30.
- master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
How to Apply
Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted by SCNU.
Step 1: Please register at the admission website and submit the application and print out the application form at http://istudy.scnu.edu.cn
Step 2: Download the scholarship application form. Please fill it, print it out, and sign it.
Step 3: Send your documents to SCNU admission offices by post before the application deadline. Postal addresses are as follow:
- Room A104, School of International Culture, South China Normal University, No.55 Zhongshan Avenue West, Guangzhou, P. R. China, Post Code: 510631
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Step 4: Pay the application fee – RMB￥420 yuan. (You will receive an email requesting you to pay the application fee to the account of South China Normal University).
Deadline: The application window draws to a close on July 15, 2021.