The Global Short Docs Forum brings together 12 filmmakers selected from a global call, to attend an intensive online training programme and one-to-one pitch meetings. Over four weeks of masterclasses, workshops, and mentoring One World Media takes your short doc from conception to commission.
One World Media champions new and diverse voices telling international stories. It has a special interest in films that have a social, political, or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach, or gives a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
To encourage new narratives and underreported stories its focus is on filmmakers from areas with low production capacity or little global visibility, as well as underrepresented filmmakers in geographical areas of established media production.
To this effect, it is especially looking for stories from Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia, or the Post-Soviet States.
Worth of Award
- Invaluable pitching training and mentoring
- Workshops + masterclasses from industry experts
- One-to-one meetings with digital platforms
- Connect with doc filmmakers from all over the world
- Filmmakers of short documentaries with new and original narratives.
- Open to applications from all over the world, with documentary projects up to 30 mins.
- Special interest in stories that have a social, political, or cultural narrative, takes a solutions journalism approach, or gives us a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
- The annual call for applications is open to all.
- Selection is based on the filmmaker’s proven ability and the strength of the story, characters, and footage provided.
- 12 selected applicants participate in a 4-week intensive online training programme and one-to-one pitch meetings.
- Applications to GSDF are free.