The Faculty of Business at Oxford Brookes University, UK, invites international students to apply for the PhD studentships for 2014/2015 academic session. The university is offering a number of studentships to exceptional candidates seeking to study for a full time PhD starting in September 2014.
Worth of Award
These full-time studentships, which include a commitment of seminar teaching to undergraduate students, will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress. The starting bursary will be £20,000 per annum, plus student fees.
- The Studentships are available for students seeking to undertake research in the following areas:
- Accounting for Stakeholder Value
- Improving Shareholder Engagement
- Corporate Governance, Accountability & CSR Reporting
- The rising importance of BRICS economies and its ecological implications
- Political economy of federalism and human rights
- e-Government and public service collaboration
- International Mergers and Acquisitions
- The determinants and/or impact of foreign direct investment (FDI)
- Strategy Practitioners
- Energy market analysis in Nigeria
- Outsourcing public services to the voluntary sector
- Small Business Organisations and Corporate Social Responsibility – A Narrative Approach
- Generational change in small ethnic minority businesses
- Expertise of the HR Professional
- Ethnographic studies of the adoption of management philosophies and practices
- New perspectives on expatriation
- Equality Issues in the Workplace
- Customer behaviour, engagement and management
- Brand strategy
- Internationalisation of hospitality and tourism firms
- The business and management application(s) of hospitality-related practices and competencies
- Social Entrepreneurship and Co-Creation
- Principles of responsible management education
- Assessment, assessment standards and assessment literacy in higher education
- Internationalisation of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Applicants should have a good honours degree and in addition a good Master’s degree at merit level or above that includes a thesis component.
- They will consider applications from UK, EU and International candidates.
- Candidates still waiting for their final master’s degree results may still apply, but any offer made will be conditional upon achieving a the required level in your final results.
How to Apply
- Applicants are responsible for contacting their own referees and requesting that references be forwarded to the Faculty of Business.
- State clearly in your application which topic area you are applying for.
- Please select programme number P046190 ‘Business Doctoral Programme’.
In order to be considered for the programme, all applicants must submit all of the following:
- A completed application through the UKPASS system
- A Research proposal of no more than 2000 words, on a topic from our list of available research areas and following the guidelines provided
- Two academic references (submitted through UKPASS or using the attached form)
- Copies of your previous degree transcripts and certificates
- Evidence of funding (if the candidate is receiving funding from a sponsor)
Non UK Applicants must also provide:
- Proof of ability with the English Language
- A scan of your passport
- Supporting documents should be sent directly to: Chris Spurgeon, Research Administrator, Oxford Brookes University, Faculty of Business, Wheatley Campus, Wheatley, OX33 1HX or email [email protected]
- International students should have an IELTS score of at least 7.0 (or equivalent) or be able to demonstrate previous university-level study in an English-speaking country.
Please contact the academic named in each advert for informal academic enquires and contact Chris Spurgeon, Research Administrator, for general enquiries – email [email protected] or phone 01865 485970.
Deadline: Closing date for application is April 1, 2014. Late applications cannot be considered.
Interviews for selected candidates are expected to take place in mid-to-late May.
Click here for more details about the studentship
Click here to start your online application