Orange Corners in Egypt is inviting applications for the Orange Corners Cairo Programme to support the Growth of Entrepreneurs in 2021.
The Orange Corners Cairo incubation programme aims to support 30+ Egyptian young entrepreneurs per year with a dynamic, state-of-the-art facility, where they get the opportunity to collaborate and work with like-minded individuals in order to start and grow their business. The incubation programme, focusing particularly on entrepreneurs in the agriculture and creative sector, offers training, business development support, masterclasses, events, coaching and mentoring sessions. Through collaboration between the private and public sector, Orange Corners combines forces to contribute towards the economic growth of Egypt and strengthen the Egyptian startup ecosystem.
Orange Corners currently operates in South Africa, Mozambique, Angola, Morocco, Sudan, Nigeria and Senegal, and new programmes are being initiated in various other African and Middle Eastern countries.
Worth of Award
The proposed program includes the following benefits for the participants:
- A 6-months program in which the best startups are progressively identified over 3 stages.
- An intensive 2-day bootcamp to prepare startups to pitch to continue after the first stage of the program.
- A 5-day masterclass to kickstart the beginning of the main stage of the program.
- 8 bi-weekly half-day entrepreneurship training workshop sessions.
- 4 inspirational and experiential guest speaker discussion sessions (Spark and Ideacircle).
- Access to a network of more than 200 industry Mentors during 8 workshops and as needed.
- Shared office space for the duration of the program.
- Consultancy on legal, financial, branding design and communication issues.
- Exposure to potential investors at the Nova event and throughout the program
- At least one of the startup founders is aged 18-35 years old.
- Commitment to attend the full activities of the program, with maximum excused absence of 20%.
Target Applicant Persona
• Recent university graduates, but may also only hold a secondary education certificate.
• Living in Cairo or within a 60-minute commuting radius outside of Cairo.
• Interested in creativity, design and technology.
• Interested in addressing social challenges and problems.
• Self-driven and ambitious.
• Have ideas related to the 2 target industry focus areas: agriculture and handicrafts/creative sector.
• 50% participation of female entrepreneurs.
Business idea criteria:
• Scalability of the business idea
• Team competence and commitment
• Progress to date
• Potential market size
• Impact potential
• Degree to which the team will benefit from the programme
How to Apply
- You will simply have to fill out the form on which will be available on the website.