Social Shifters invites applications for the Global Innovation Challenge for Entrepreneurs with a focus on tackling environmental challenges in 2021.
Turning away from a traditional corporate career to do something with more purpose can be hard. The good news is that you can take things into your own hands. Use the Shifters Global Challenge to explore new possibilities, develop new skills, and give social entrepreneurship a try.
Social Shifters helps next generation leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs to make a difference in the world. They operate on a non-profit basis, providing inspiring stories, engaging learning, and a global community of support to propel you forward.
Worth of Award
The Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge is all about supporting young people (18-30) to take entrepreneurial action on social and environmental issues that matter to you.
- Everyone who enters receives a package of FREE startup support and mentoring to develop their idea.
- The first 500 applicants will receive a VIP ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021.
- The best idea solutions will compete for cash prizes and funding pots of up to $10,000!
- Finalists will receive global recognition and exposure at the Social Enterprise World Forum 27-29 Sept 2021.
Go from idea to action through the Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge.
- The Challenge is open to anyone 18-30 years old.
- You can enter on your own or as a team (up to 5 members). Team participation is strongly encouraged.
- They’re looking for a business solution to an environmental or social issue. This can be a non-profit or for-profit idea but must be at an early stage (less than one year old with no significant funding in place).
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Impactful: Will the business idea solve an important social or environmental problem?
- Innovative: Is the idea insightful, and potentially a breakthrough solution to the problem?
- Feasible: Could the idea be implemented with financial and mentoring support?
- Scalable: Does this idea have the potential to be expanded on a larger scale?
Submissions that include a short video pitch (less than 60 seconds) will receive additional points in the evaluation.
How to Apply
- The application is available online through their website.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to access the information on their website or need challenge related material provided in an alternative format – please contact [email protected] for assistance
Deadline: Applicants can submit their application until July 16, 2021.