Giract invites applications for flavor research Awards in Europe for PhD students across various universities and institutes in 2021
Giract is proud to announce that, following the success of its unique and innovative programme to promote flavor research amongst PhD students in Europe across various universities and institutes, 5 industry sponsors will continue to support the programme, now in its eleventh year. This consortium aims to raise awareness of the industry and career opportunities in order to increase the flavor research talent pool in Europe.
This twelfth edition is organised by Giract, in coordination with Andrea Cattaruzza, Director of AndCat Ltd and Professor Emeritus Andy Taylor of the University of Nottingham, UK.
Worth of Award
- Group 1 – Best PhD Thesis Award: A final year PhD student will be awarded EUR 5000
- Group 2 – Bursaries: Six first year PhD students will be awarded EUR 3000, each. Group 2 students also have the possibility to visit the laboratory of one of the sponsors.
- PhD students enrolled in universities and research institutes in 32 European countries (European Union, UK, Switzerland, Norway, Turkey and Russia) are eligible to apply.
The project targets two different groups of PhD students:
- Group 1: students who are about to complete their PhD and hence will soon be examining opportunities for employment
- Group 2: students who are about to commence their PhD studies
How to Apply
- The application is available in English, French, and Spanish – and can be completed anytime, even during your lunch hour.
- Please note: The application is available on all devices but works best from your computer.
Deadline: Applications close October 30, 2021