The Junior Professional Associate (JPA) program is a unique opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience and first-hand exposure to the challenges – and rewards – of international development.
Worth of Award
- You will have the opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience in a premier development institution, on a two-year, non-renewable Extended Term Consultant (ETC) contract with benefits.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the World Bank Junior Professional Associate (JPA) Program in the USA:
- Be 28 years of age or younger on your first day of service
- Hold the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
- Be fluent in English
- One or more of the Bank’s working languages is a plus: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Similarly, possessing the following gives you an added advantage:
- Your academic achievements are superior and place you in the top portion of your graduating class.
- Your analytical and research skills extend to areas of specialization such as economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment (climate, blue economy), infrastructure, private sector development, as well as other related fields, including corporate and administrative functions (IT, legal, accounting, communications, etc).
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply online. Please note that applications will be kept active in the database for a period of six months. Should you still be interested in the JPA program after six months, you will need to re-apply.
- Only those identified for an assignment will be contacted to discuss their interest and availability.
Note that candidates are selected by the hiring manager on a highly competitive basis.
Deadline: Applications are currently ongoing.