Through the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa, Google is supporting early-stage Black-founded startups and startups that are benefitting the Black community on the continent. It wants to bridge the existing fundraising gap for Black startup founders in Africa’s fast-growing technology landscape.
Applications are open to applicants from the following countries in Africa:
Worth of Award
- Each startup will receive either $50,000 or $100,000. Funding varies according to each startup’s product development stage, current needs, and how much they’ve already raised.
- The fund is open to all startups that meet the criteria, with priority given to Google for Startups Accelerator and Partner program alumni.
- This fund will be given along with mentorship support and Google platform credits to help the startups grow.
The eligibility criteria include
A startup that is:
- Headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent
- Building for Africa and a global market
- Creating jobs has growth potential to raise more funding, and making an impact
With a founding team that is:
- Diverse, with at least one Black C-level founding member
- Directly supporting the Black community
- Technology startups with a live product in market or business where technology is core to their ability to scale (not for consultancies or not-for-profits)
- Compatibility with Google products—our products can accelerate their growth
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications are open now through until May 31, 2022