Nanyang Technological University invites applications for the National Institute of Education PhD Scholarship for International Students in Singapore for the 2021/22 academic session.
A number of scholarships and grants are available to new and existing students in NIE. Please note that the University does not provide any assistance towards all travels or other costs nor does it guarantee employment to scholars on the successful completion of their degree candidature.
Worth of Award
The National Institute of Education PhD Scholarship covers
- a monthly stipend of S$3,000.
- the annual tuition fee.
Note that for Singapore Citizens, Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received.
- The scholarship shall be tenable for one year in the first instance and renewed annually subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress. The maximum period of the award is 4 years from the date of admission into the PhD programme.
- You are a local or international student seeking admission as a full-time candidate for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme at NIE.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with honours at least a Second Class Upper level, a Master’s degree in the relevant areas and the ability to pursue research in your proposed field of advanced study.
- You must not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award.
How to Apply
No separate form is required for the application of the National Institute of Education PhD Scholarship. Candidates may apply for the scholarship by indicating in the online application form.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing.