The Global Landscapes Forum invites applications for the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) Restoration Stewards program in 2021.
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on integrated land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement. The Forum takes a holistic approach to create sustainable landscapes that are productive, prosperous, equitable, and resilient and considers five cohesive themes of food and livelihoods, landscape restoration, rights, finance, and measuring progress.
During the program, the Restoration Stewards and their teams will be supported to further develop their project and will become ambassadors at both global and local levels. Globally, the Restoration Stewards will share their journey in a series of vlogs and blogs documenting their stories of inspiration and challenges. Locally, they will spark a restoration movement, creating pathways to connect, share, learn, and act for more sustainable landscapes.
Worth of Award
The Youth in Landscapes Initiative Restoration Stewards program will receive support from experts to take the project to the next level, as well as opportunities for professional development. They will receive a grant of 5000 Euros to develop their restoration project while meeting the following objectives:
- Seek and carry out training activities to improve understanding of the landscape approach, and about the relevant ecosystem
- Run a minimum of two GLFx events to engage their local community
- Coordinate with the GLF team for active social media engagement
- Create one story every two months about the progress made in the project.
- Meet with, and update on a regular basis, the GLF team and the assigned mentor about the project’s progress
Young restoration practitioners and their teams, who will represent the next group of ‘Restoration Stewards’.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline is Saturday, July 31st, 23:59 CEST.