The Future For Nature Foundation invites applications for the Future For Nature Awards for Conservationists in the Netherlands in 2021.
The Future For Nature Award is a prestigious international award that celebrates tangible achievements in protecting wild animal and plant species.
It aims to:
- Reward and fund individuals for their outstanding efforts in the protection of species of wild animals and plants.
- Stimulate Award winners to sustain their dedicated work.
- Help winners to raise their profile, extend their professional network and strengthen their funding basis.
Worth of Award
This award provides the winners with international recognition, €50,000 for their nature conservation work, and a warm welcome to the growing FFN Family.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible to apply and will be used in the selection procedure for the Future For Nature Awards for Conservationists.
- Must be born on or after the 31st May 1986 and before the 31st of May 2003.
- Has achieved substantial and long-term benefit to the conservation status of one or more animal or plant species.
- Has demonstrated commitment, determination, and passion for conservation work.
- Is able to explain his/her conservation work in proficient English (written and spoken).
- Has demonstrated leadership, entrepreneurship, and a clear view of conservation work.
- The award should be used for a conservation initiative of the winner’s own choice and implemented by him/her.
- Has been creative and innovative in his/her work.
- Has demonstrated to be honourable in the conservation work performed.
- Must be determined to continue his/her conservation work, as the award aims to stimulate the winner’s future work. It is not an “end of career” prize.
- The award should be used for the conservation of animal or plant species. The conservation initiative can involve a component of (fundamental) research, but this should not be the main focus. The relevance of the proposed activities to species conservation and the practical impact should be made clear.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The application deadline is September 1st, 2021.