Amideast in partnership with the Boeing Foundation invites applications for the Amideast Boeing Teach to Lead Program for Female Public School Teachers in Greater Cairo in 2021.
This program designed to empower 50 female public school teachers in Greater Cairo to become agents of change and leaders in their own schools and communities.
Worth of Award
Amideast will build on its expertise in teacher training and leadership to develop a dynamic, 60-hour training program, which will emphasize the following elements:
- Leadership in Education: Communication skills for teacher leaders, peer empowerment and school reform, and transformational leadership.
- Interactive Learning Methodologies: Lesson planning, literacy skills, project-based learning, classroom management, and integration of student motivation.
- Technology in Education: Blended learning, understanding learning management systems (LMS), and using computers for interactive learning.
- Pay-It-Forward Model: Each participant will provide training to a group of peers, fulfilling a long-term objective of the program to build a cadre of female leaders who can serve and support their communities.
- of grades 1–3 in Egyptian public, experimental, and community schools,
- from underprivileged backgrounds and low-income areas across Greater Cairo
- who demonstrate high potential and commitment to succeed and take on leadership roles within their schools
- Female teachers from the Greater Cairo area
How to Apply
Deadline: The deadline for submitting the applications is June 30, 2021.