ITM invites applications for the Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) Journalist-in-Residence Programme for experienced Journalists in Belgium in 2021.
Every year, the Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) in Antwerp welcomes journalists from all over the world to immerse themselves in tropical medicine and public health. Depending on the COVID-19 situation, this year’s edition of the programme will be either virtual or (partially) face-to-face.
For two days, experts from around the world will discuss pressing issues in global health such as (re-)emerging and neglected tropical diseases. As top research priorities, studying (re-)emerging infections and outbreaks and accelerating disease elimination are high on the agenda at the institute.
Worth of Award
- If you are selected for this year’s ITM’s journalist-in-residence programme, you will have the opportunity to report extensively about the Colloquium.
- You will get to delve into the subject matter, attend all sessions of the online event, and interview world-renowned experts.
- There will also be ample opportunity for other learning experiences, as well as quiet time for reading and independent study.
The ITM Journalist-in-Residence Programme for experienced Journalists is open to
- experienced journalists living and working in Africa, Asia, or Latin America.
- journalists from all over the world.
- professionals who are passionate about the fascinating world of infectious diseases and international health.
How to Apply
Your application should include
- Your name, email address, phone number
A list of two references, along with an e-mail address or phone number where they can be contacted.
- specify in what medium you intend to publish; describe whether it is an article, a series of articles, a podcast (online or radio).
- If freelance, please list some of the media organizations for which you have recently completed assignments.
- If you have completed other fellowship programmes or if you have won any awards for your journalism, please list them.
Paste your current resume or curriculum vitae via the official website, or alternatively, send it to [email protected].
Deadline: Apply before June 30.