The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is open for applications from prospective qualified graduate students from Developing countries for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The JJ/WBG Scholarship is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. They help governments in developing countries reduce poverty by providing them with money and technical expertise they need for a wide range of projects—such as education, health, infrastructure, communications, government reforms, and for many other purposes.
Worth of Award
- A JJWBGSP scholarship provides tuition,
- a monthly living stipend,
- round-trip airfare,
- health insurance,
- and travel allowance.
- (JJ/WBGSP) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
- Details on Eligibility Criteria for each call for applications are provided in that call’s Application Guidelines, and these detailed eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
- Broadly speaking, Developing Country nationals must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed
How to Apply
- Applicants can apply for scholarships to both Preferred and Partner Programs. The process to apply to a Preferred Program and to a Partner Program differs:
- See our Announcements posted on the right side of this website for upcoming calls for scholarship applications for developing country nationals to study at one of our partner master programs, as these calls are announced on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year.
- Those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Partner Program scholarship (.xlsx 15 KB) must first apply for admission to one or more of the Partner Master’s Degree Program(s).
- Announcements from a JJWBGSP Partner Program on when to apply for admission to their program is often posted on the right-side margin of this website.
- Inquiries on how to submit an admission application to a partner program should be submitted to the respective university.
Deadline: Application closes April 11, 2019.