The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) invites applications from undergraduate female students who are of Nigerian origin for the 2014/15 scholarship. NWAG plans to award 37 one –time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
NWAG seeks to serve their local community as well as their country Nigeria, through empowerment, cultural enrichment, and education of women, youth and children, thereby fostering togetherness and excellence in our collective pursuits.
Worth of Awards
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one –time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in the amount of fifty thousand Naira each, to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
Eligibility: An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University
How to Apply
All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin-Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:“What are the effects of the frequent Nigerian teachers’ strikes on student academic performance and learning?”
- All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
- Subject line of email: name of applicant & state of origin and all electronic submissions must be in pdf or word format
- Applicants are advised to visit NWAG website (see link below) to download an application form. Completed application can be submitted with all required documents to NWAG either by regular mail to :
P.O. Box 1454
2, Atlanta, GA 30324
Electronically via email at [email protected]
Deadline: All applications must be Postmarked or emailed by MAY 30, 2014. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand -delivered.