The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) invites High school student’s of Nigerian origin in Georgia to apply for its 2014 NWAG High school scholarships in Georgia. NWAG seeks to serve their local community as well as their country Nigeria, through empowerment, cultural enrichment, and education of women, youth and children, thereby fostering togetherness and excellence in our collective pursuits.
Applicants are to submit a type -written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:“What are the effects of the frequent Nigerian teachers’ strikes on student academic performance and learning?”
Worth of Award
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 2one-time scholarships, in the state of Georgia, in the amount of five hundred dollars each, to Nigerian female or male, high school students in Georgia
Eligibility: An applicant must be a Nigerian female or male, high school student of Nigerian descent
How to Apply
- Applicants are advised to visit NWAG website (see link below) to download an application form.
- Subject line of email: name of applicant & Georgia and all electronic submissions must be in PDF or word format
All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Residence
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Principle, Teacher or Counselor
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Principle of School
- Photocopy of your current high school student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- Proof of 10 Hours of community service
- A type -written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:“What are the effects of the frequent Nigerian teachers’ strikes on student academic performance and learning?”
- All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
- All applications must be postmarked or emailed to them
- Incomplete applications or applications that show evidence of plagiarism will be disqualified and rejected.
- Subject line of email: name of applicant and Georgia. All electronic submissions must be in PDF or word format.
Nigerian Women Association Of Georgia, Inc. USA
P. O. Box 1454
2, Atlanta, Georgia 30324, USA.
Application process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application.
Deadline: Application closes May 15, 2014. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.