Applications are invited for funded PhD studentships in the School of Social, Political and Geographical Sciences at Loughborough University. The PhD studentships are open to international as well as UK/EU applicants
Internationally renowned for its research excellence, the University has a vibrant research student community of around 1200 students supported by a £6 million annual investment.
Worth of Award
- The studentship is for three years and is valued at £13,863 per annum plus tuition fees at the UK/EU rate. The candidate will be expected to register for October 1, 2014.
- The studentships are open to UK/EU graduates with backgrounds in relevant disciplines and who are articulate, well qualified and highly motivated.
- International (non EU) students may apply but due to funding restrictions will need to find the difference in fees between those for a ‘UK/EU’ and ‘international’ student themselves.
- The minimum entry qualification is a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent.
How to Apply
- Applications can be made online
- Applicants must contact the School/Department before submission in order to discuss thier proposal and research studentships should relate to SSPGS staff expertise.
- As a research student applicants will become involved in leading edge research, and provided with research skills training and support from internationally recognised academics.
Deadline: The closing date for applications is March 21, 2014
For further details and enquiries about the application process, Contact Sandie Duddle ([email protected]boro.ac.uk). quote reference SSPGS03/14.