Charities Aid Foundation invites applications for the CAF AstraZeneca Step Up Young Health Global Grants Programme in the UK in 2021.
Climate change and non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are two defining challenges of the 21st century, each posing significant threats to health and sustainable development. Innovation is needed in order to face up the climate and health challenges facing young people today.
Step Up always receives a high number of applications and is unable to support all eligible organizations which apply. In selecting applications, it will prioritize a project if it:
- Addresses nutrition
- Utilizes technology or digital health solutions in an inclusive way
- Is innovative: delivering something different from which we can learn (an existing approach in a new setting linked to a particular need, or a totally new approach)
- Is youth-led (i.e primarily youth managed/designed)
- Involves young people as advocates for change in their communities
- Is run by an organization with an income and capacity to deliver a grant of this size
- Is from an organization that has not yet been supported by a StepUp grant
- Operates in a low or lower-middle-income country or setting
Worth of Award
The CAF AstraZeneca Step Up Young Health Global Grants offer up to US $10,000 to support the delivery of approximately 20 projects.
- The fund is open to registered charitable organizations with strong experience in delivering effective projects which make health and environmental improvements in young people’s lives.
- Organizations must be ‘funding ready’ and able to provide appropriate documentation (in English) to verify their organization’s charitable status and financial situation.
- It will support organizations from under-resourced communities worldwide. These are likely to be in low-income or lower-middle-income countries or settings.
- Organizations which have been funded previously by AstraZeneca are welcome to apply, but not for the same project that was previously supported.
How to Apply
- All applications should be made online via the official website.
- Log in to CAF’s online grantmaking portal, or register if you have not previously used it, with your email address and a password.
- Complete a short series of eligibility questions.
- After successfully completing the eligibility questions, you can then access the full online application form to answer questions about your organization and project.
- Submit your application by midnight of the deadline in your timezone.
The application form can be saved and revisited on an ongoing basis. It does not need to be completed at one time.
Deadline: The application form will be available for completion between June 9 and July 21, 2021.