Safir in collaboration with the European Union invites applications for the Safir Young People Incubation Program for Entrepreneurial & Media Development in 2021.
Safir is an ambitious project supporting the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and youth social inclusion in 9 countries across Northern Africa and the Middle East. Co-financed by the European Union, it aims at creating an environment that fosters youth participation and development of entrepreneurial or media projects with social, cultural, or environmental impact.
Worth of Award
- 6 months of incubation (from Mid-September 2021 to Mid-March 2022) for 90 young project leaders
- 6 months of acceleration (from Mid-March to Mid-September 2022) for at least 45 young project leaders, with a grant of up to 25,000 euros
- Travel and networking opportunities
The youth program support (incubation & acceleration) will be implemented by Safir’s partner incubator in your country of residence.
You can apply for theSafir Young People Incubation Program if you
- are between 20 and 30 years old;
- are from and resident in one of the following 7 countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia;
- have initiated/are about to initiate an entrepreneurial or a media project with a social, cultural, or environmental impact.
Please note that to apply, you must indicate whether you are applying as a :
- Media project leader (student or not)
- Student or young graduate project leader with a social, cultural, or environmental impact (diploma obtained in 2019, 2020, or 2021)
- Project leader with a social, cultural, or environmental impact
How to Apply
Please note that depending on your status, the following documents will be requested:
- An ID card or passport (required) – identity documents will be kept on the Safir project jury area. They will be kept for 6 months if your application is rejected, 2 years maximum if it is accepted – unless you object.
- A CV (required)
- A copy of your student card or a document proving that you are a student (required only if you apply in the student category)
- Proof of support for your application from your university and/or one of your professors (optional only if you apply in the student category)
- A copy of your diploma obtained in 2019 or 2020 or a document showing that you are graduating in 2021 – a transcript or proof of completion from your university. If these documents are not available, attach proof of your schooling for the 2020-2021 academic year (required only if you apply in the young graduate category)
- A social business model canva or any document about your business model (optional)
- If you have already created a legal entity for your project, a document attesting it (mandatory only for those who have already created their legal entity)
Applications from projects located outside capital cities and/or carried by women are strongly encouraged.
Deadline: June 7th to July 5th, 2021.