Rise Up and Packard Foundation invites applications for the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative for Visionary Young Leaders in 2021.
Rise Up sees a future with girls and women thriving in a more just and equitable world and we believe in the power of girls and women to drive exponential change. For this reason, it activates women and girls to transform their lives, families, and communities for a more just and equitable world through investment in local solutions, strengthening leadership, and building movements.
Its Youth Champions Initiative invests in powerful young leaders who are leading the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice movement in Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, Rwanda, and the United States. Its externally validated model enables young leaders to create large-scale change through leadership development, technology, innovation, and advocacy.
Worth of Award
- Rise Up has developed an innovative virtual incubator model that integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, advocacy, project funding, and technical support to enable the Youth Champions to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHR in their countries.
- Rise Up will competitively award $12,000 USD grants to participating Youth Champions and their organizations to launch the innovative sexual and reproductive health and rights projects they develop during the Incubator.
Eligible candidates for the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative must meet the following selection criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29.
- Residents of: India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Louisiana, and Mississippi, USA.
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, family planning, innovation, and/or related fields.
- Ability to participate in an online virtual workshop meeting weekly for two hours between October and December 2021. Rise Up will cover all costs related to program participation, including materials and internet costs.
- Proficient in oral and written English.
- Support of a registered civil society or nonprofit organization, network, or group.
- To be eligible for a grant in association with this project, Rise Up requires organizations to be legally registered in the country, be able to receive international funds, and in India to be registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). Entities that are not registered can be sponsored by a legally registered entity.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline to submit applications is July 15, 2021.