German Research Center for Environmental Health invites applications for the 2014 Postdoctoral Fellowship which is awarded to excellent early-career scientists (up to 3 years after graduation) at Helmholtz Zentrum München .
Talented postdocs who are accepted into the three-year program receive 3-year fully funded postdoctoral positions and can focus on a research project in an institute of the Center.
Worth of award
- An experienced research mentor and a personal coach will create an individual career plan together with the fellows and prepare them for their next career step in scientific leadership positions. Depending on the fellow’s personal career goal, the focus will be on careers in academic research or industry.
Professional and financial assistance in acquiring external funding
- In addition to a modular training program for acquiring leadership qualifications, the fellows will receive intensive support for external grant acquisition. If a fellow succeeds in acquiring a grant, he/she will receive additional funding (equal e.g. to half a technician’s position) through the program.
Support for the fellows in building up international networks
- The fellows will be integrated into the institutes in international and interdisciplinary research groups. Personal travel grants will enable them to meet up regularly with international colleagues to exchange ideas and to build up international networks. In a step-by-step process, the fellows will develop their own profile and visibility in the respective field of research.
- Applications are welcomed from qualified and motivated early-career scientists of all nationalities who have received a doctoral degree in biological sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics, veterinary or human medicine or related life sciences within the last three years or who will receive their doctoral degree by the start of the program.
How to Apply
- All applications must be made online.
- online application portal applications will be available from January 24 to March 16, 2014.
- Out of all applicants, 16 candidates will be selected by the appointing committee for the interview days in Munich in June 2014.
- The decision on the admission to the program will be announced by the end of June 2014. Future fellows shall start at the Center by October 31, 2014 at the latest. The program will begin in November 2014
Deadline: Application closes on March 16, 2014.
Click here to apply online