Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition (NASSMAC) has is now open for applications. The competition is for all students in JSS3 and SS2 in the government-approved schools across the country.
The Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition is an annual Federal Ministry of Education approved competition organized and sponsored by Promasidor, the makers of the popular milk brand, Cowbell.
Star Prize:The National Champions and their Mathematics Teachers in both Junior and Senior categories will be sponsored to an all expense paid vacation.
For Winning Schools:
- 1st prize – 5 Desktop computers and printers
- 2nd prize – 3 Desktop computers and printers
- 3rd prize – 1 Desktop computer and printer
Junior Category- Senior Category
- 1st Prize N250,000 and N300,000 respectively
- 2nd Prize N200,000 and N250,000 respectively
- 3rd Prize N150,000 and 200,000
- The Top 10 students in the senior category at the national level will also receive laptops.
Junior Category -Senior Category
1st Prize N25,000 and N25,000 respectively
2nd Prize N20,000 and N20,000 respectively
3rd Prize N15,000 and N15,000 respectively
Special Raffle Draw:
- All students are required to bring two (2) empty 400g sachets of Cowbell milk to the first stage examination centers to take part in the raffle draw to the following branded prizes: Rechargeable lamps, Golf bags, Portable audio players, Wall clocks, Wrist watches, Scientific calculators and School bags.
- BENSON OWEKA’S MEMORIAL PRIZE: Higher Education Exercise Books & Pens for all the students of the Winning School with the most consistent and outstanding performance average over a three-year period. For this year, the targetted period is 2012 – 2014
- N15000 as consolation prizes for 14 candidates and lots of Cowbell products.
- Cash awards to Mathematics Teachers of winning candidates at both state and national levels
- Trophies, plaques, Mathematics sets, medals, certificates, T-Shirs, face caps, stationery kits and mathematics textbooks.
- The competition is open to students aged 10-18 years attending private and public secondary schools full-time in Nigeria. Entry into this competition is FREE.
- Only the best 6 (SIX) students – 3 from JSS3 and 3 from SSS2 (irrespective of sex, religion, or state of origin) from each school are eligible to sit for this examination.
How To Apply:
- Each School Head should collect 6 (SIX) registration forms, which must be correctly filled, stamped and signed by the School Principal and presented by the Students to the officials at the examination centers on the examination day.
- School Principals may also download the registration forms online at www.promasidor-ng.com.
Deadline: Complete and present your registration form at the examination centre on Saturday, March 15, 2014. 10:00am prompt (Accreditation of candidates begins at 8:00am)