Sanlam is a diversified financial services group that has been creating value for stakeholders for a decade. It is classified as a domestic systemically important financial institution in South Africa that contributes to financial resilience and prosperity in all the markets where it is present.
Worth of Award
The Sanlam Actuarial Science Bursaries for African Students covers the following:
- If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems, and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just the candidate being looked for.
You also need
- Final 2020 Grade 11 results and 1st Term as well as Prelim Grade 12 exam/test for 2021 results as well as NBT results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- Comprehensive CV focusing on Academics, Extra-mural activities, and Leadership skills
- Grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
How to Apply
All applications need to be completed online via the official website. It is important that you submit the following documents with your application:
- Comprehensive CV as indicated
- A certified copy of your ID
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results
- A letter of motivation to support your application
Deadline: July 31, 2021.