The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) invites applications for the ITU Generation Connect Video Pitch Challenge for Young ICT Enthusiasts 2021.
Generation Connect, ITU’s youth strategy initiative, aims to improve the lives of young people around the world and ensure meaningful participation of youth as key stakeholders in ITU’s implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Applicant’s video pitch must fit one of the following categories/topics:
- Capacity building brings digital skills to society.
- Cybersecurity offers solutions that promote online safety and security.
- Digital inclusion empowers people with specific needs; including indigenous peoples, people in rural areas, persons with disabilities, and youth and children.
- Climate change and the environment help countries mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change.
- Emergency telecommunication enhances disaster risk reduction and improves national emergency telecommunications and early warning and monitoring systems.
- ICT applications enhance citizens’ lives, promoting smart living and improving public service availability.
- Regulatory and enabling environment enables collaboration for a sound policy, legal and regulatory environment for digital development.
- Technology and network development enable reliable ICT infrastructure and services for all.
- Data and indicators facilitate evidence-based data collection and analysis to measure the information society and promote informed decision-making.
Worth of Award
- The top 10 winning submissions will be featured at the Generation Connect Youth Summit.
- Creators will also be invited to participate virtually in the event and join the Generation Connect virtual community.
- Standout ideas will be featured on “International Youth Day” during The Road to Addis.
- Young ICT enthusiasts aged between 18 to 30 years are eligible to participate in this challenge.
- Participants must share their ideas through a story on how ITU can achieve its goals to connect the unconnected and close the digital divide.
- This story must be conveyed through a video recording no longer than one minute.
How to Apply
For the ITU Generation Connect Video Pitch Challenge,
- Only submissions that are accompanied by the application form (duly completed in English and signed) and are received before 5 pm Central Eastern Time on the deadline will be considered.
- Submissions are only possible via email to [email protected].
- You will also have to register your idea which is described in your submission at the dedicated link https://cocreate.itu.int/category/223278 .
Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2021.