Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington is committed to providing a high-quality research-led learning and teaching environment to reward and celebrate excellence in all its forms. For this reason, it builds strong and enduring partnerships with universities and organizations around the world for the benefit of students, researchers, and communities.
Worth of Award
These scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enroll full time for a Doctorate (PhD) or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University of Wellington.
To be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship the applicant must have a strong academic record and excellent academic references, or:
- demonstrated potential for high-quality research; or
- a record of publication in high-quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
How to Apply
- Applicants other than those who have completed all of their studies at Victoria University of Wellington must include a copy of their academic records from other institutions with the application form.
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
Deadline: Currently the closing dates are 1 March, 1 July, and 1 November.
- All applicants for the scholarship will be notified by email of the outcome within six to eight weeks of the closing date for applications.