The United Nations Institute for Training and Research invites applications for the UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Program for International Affairs Professionals in Switzerland in 2021.
In line with UNITAR’s mandate, this programme aspires to enhance participants’ knowledge and skills in the areas of human rights and international affairs. This will empower them to take on leadership roles in their respective environments and thereby continue to promote respect for human rights in the world.
UNITAR further intends to strengthen the participants’ conviction of the principles enshrined in the UN Charter, especially human rights. It lastly aspires to give its participants the opportunity to gain valuable insights into possible employment opportunities in the United Nations system.
Worth of Award
The Human Rights Council Training Programme will offer the following e-workshops:
- Negotiation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- UN Resolution Writing Skills
Most importantly, the Human Rights Council Training Programme runs in parallel to the real Human Rights Council sessions in Geneva. Participants will therefore be able to attend its sessions in live-stream. In addition, they will have the opportunity to learn from UN experts in 1.5-hour webinars as well as virtual guided tours.
- Real Sessions of the Human Rights Council in live-stream.
- Live-Webinars with UN human rights experts.
- Virtual Guided Tours through the UN Palace of Nations.
Here are the criteria for eligibility for the UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Program:
- UNITAR welcomes a variety of professional backgrounds as well as different degrees of experience among its participants. The Human Rights Council Training Programme is therefore open to all actors related to international affairs who have a genuine passion for human rights.
- Participants can include public sector officials, private sector professionals and representatives from NGOs, think tanks or academia. University students and high school students are equally welcome to apply.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: June 14, 2021 – July 2, 2021.