The American Association for the Advancement of Science invites applications for the AAAS David and Betty Hamburg Award for Science Diplomacy in the USA in 2021.
The AAAS David and Betty Hamburg Award for Science Diplomacy recognizes an individual or a limited number of individuals working together in the scientific and engineering or foreign affairs communities who are making an outstanding contribution to furthering science diplomacy.
Worth of Award
The award recipient receives
- a monetary prize of $10,000,
- a commemorative plaque,
- complimentary registration for the AAAS Annual Meeting and
- reimbursement for travel and hotel expenses to attend.
There’ll also be
- worldwide promotions of their achievements through AAAS communication channels, and
- the opportunity to publish their work in Science & Diplomacy.
Any individual or small group in the scientific or foreign policy community that has contributed to the role of science cooperation in building stronger links between and among societies is eligible for the AAAS David and Betty Hamburg Award for Science Diplomacy.
- The award is open to all regardless of nationality or citizenship.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- The award accepts self-nominations.
How to Apply
The submission form requests the following information:
- Nominator’s name and contact information (including email, address, and phone number)
- Nominee’s name and title, institutional affiliation, and contact information (email, address, and phone number)
- A summary of the accomplishment(s) that form the basis for the nomination (about 250 words)
- A longer statement (not to exceed three pages) providing additional details of the accomplishment(s) for which the individual/group is nominated
- A CV (three-page maximum) of the nominee(s)
- One letter of support written by someone other than the nominator (for self-nominations we request two letters, which should be submitted separately by the letter writer)
- Optional: Documentation (links to books, articles, or other materials) that illuminates the significance of the nominee’s achievement may also be submitted.
Nomination materials must be received in English; all materials become the property of AAAS.
Submit a nomination via the award portal: https://hamburgsciencediplomacy.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/main/home
Deadline: The Center for Science Diplomacy is accepting nominations for the 2022 award from April 15 through June 30, 2021.