The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs invites applications for the Orange Knowledge Programme for Mid-Career Professionals in the Netherlands for the 2022/23 academic year.
The Orange Knowledge Programme aims to advance the development of the capacity,
knowledge and quality of both individuals as well as organisations in the field of Technical
and Vocational Education and Training and Higher Education and in other fields related to
priority themes in the OKP partner countries.
Worth of Award
- An OKP scholarship is intended to supplement the salary that you should continue to receive during the scholarship period.
- The scholarship is a contribution towards your costs of living and costs such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance, etc.
The Orange Knowledge Programme Netherlands individual scholarships are open to mid-career professionals, who are nationals of – and living and working in – the following countries:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, and Zambia.
How to Apply
The selection procedure is as follows:
- Candidates register with their Dutch education institution.
- Dutch institution nominates candidates and submits grant application.
- Embassies check eligibility and assess applications.
- Selection results published.
- Grants awarded.
The 3 expected candidate application rounds for individual scholarships are:
Round 1 – for master’s and short courses
– Accepting applications between 2 February – 22 March 16.00 CET.
– Both master’s and short courses should start between 25 July and 21 November 2022.
Round 2 – for short courses
– Accepting applications between 11 May – 28 June 16.00 CET.
– Courses should start between 21 November 2022 and 20 February 2023.
Round 3 – for short courses
– Accepting applications between 31 August – 11 October 16.00 CET.
– Courses should start from 20 February 2023 onward and must be completed before 31 August 2023.
Please note that the above deadlines are subject to change until officially announced in the Government Gazette.