The Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers full scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in the Postgraduate Certificate program International Relations and European Integration taking place at ESD in Tallinn, from September 2021 until May 2022.
The Study Includes:
- Training course International Relations and European Integration with the value of 60 ECTS Credit Points starts on 14 September 2021 and ends on 27 May 2022;
- Successful students will receive ESD Certificate and Academic Record;
- Students from Estonia and from other countries study together. Language of instruction is English;
- Lecturers come from Estonia and other European countries;
- The training course includes modules in three topics:
European Integration Studies;
Worth of Award
- tuition fee;
- monthly allowance (450 EUR);
- accommodation in Tallinn (incl. utilities and internet connection);
- health insurance in Estonia during the studies;
- cost of Schengen visa;
- scholarship does NOT cover the costs of travel to and from Tallinn.
The person applying for the scholarship:
- comes from a country eligible for ODA
- has at least a Bachelor’s degree;
- has an advanced command of English (speaking, reading, and writing);
- is currently employed by their country’s/territory’s foreign or civil service, and has been working there for at least one year;
- is highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given to the candidates strongly motivated to continue their professional careers within the service of their respective country/territory;
- is hard-working, cooperative and ready for cross-cultural study environment.
How to Apply
- Application documents can be submitted by using Online Scholarship Application System.
- Application with a passport-sized photo
- CV in English
- Personal statement [motivation letter], 1 page [300-400 words] in length, explaining the reasons why you are applying, your relevant previous experience, and how studying at ESD will benefit your future professional development
- Copy of the degree diploma from the institution of higher education attended most recently (accompanied by unofficial English translation if the diploma is not in English)
- Copy of the academic record from the institution of higher education attended most recently (with unofficial English translation if necessary)
- Copy of passport photo/data page
- An academic essay of 4 pages (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
- Impact of Covid-19 to the future of Europe
- China – a partner or a foe?
- Multilateral reset in the US – dream or reality?
- Is soft power a successful tool to tackle the climate crisis?
- Digital diplomacy – interim measure or way forward?
Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2021.