DAAD invites applications for the DAAD Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture in Germany for the 2021/22 academic session.
DAAD scholarships offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Worth of Award
The DAAD Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture covers
- Monthly payment of 861 euros.
- Travel allowance.
- One-off study allowance.
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.
- Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
If the scholarship holder is enrolled in a Master or postgraduate degree programme which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
- visit is essential for the achievement of the scholarship objective.
- period is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
- period does not take place in the home country.
How to Apply
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal include:
- Online application form.
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form.
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages).
Deadline: Starts usually from October 1st of the following year after the application, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study programme.