Do you have an awesome idea to solve a social or environmental problem? Are you ready to take action, but don’t know where to start? Then you are in the right place because Social Shifters invites applications for the Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge for Social Entrepreneurs in the UK in 2021.
You can create change through your ideas by fueling a lasting impact in the world with an innovative business solution. This is possible because Social Shifters helps next-generation leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to make a difference in the world.
It operates on a non-profit basis, providing inspiring stories, engaging learning, and a global community of support to propel you forward. You can use its revolutionary platform to get your project, campaign, or venture off the ground, fast.
Worth of Award
- Everyone who enters receives a package of FREE startup support and mentoring to develop their idea.
- The first 500 applicants will receive a VIP ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021.
- The best idea solutions will compete for cash prizes and funding pots of up to $10,000!
- Finalists will receive global recognition and exposure at the Social Enterprise World Forum 27-29 Sept 2021.
The Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge
- is open to anyone 18-30 years old.
- allows you to enter on your own or as a team (up to 5 members). Team participation is strongly encouraged.
- is looking for a business solution to an environmental or social issue. This can be a non-profit or for-profit idea but must be at an early stage (less than one-year-old with no significant funding in place).
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Impactful: Will the business idea solve an important social or environmental problem?
- Innovative: Is the idea insightful, and potentially a breakthrough solution to the problem?
- Feasible: Could the idea be implemented with financial and mentoring support?
- Scalable: Does this idea have the potential to be expanded on a larger scale?
Submissions that include a short video pitch (less than 60 seconds) will receive additional points in the evaluation.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications are open until July 16th.