Campus AFD invites applications for the Social & Inclusive Business Camp for Entrepreneurs in France in 2021.
The Social & Inclusive Business Camp is an acceleration and capacity-building program dedicated to entrepreneurs presenting a project with an impact on the African continent and having the desire to develop their activity (scaling-up).
Worth of Award
It is a hybrid support program, comprising:
- 3 months of remote coaching on a dedicated online platform, alternating interactive virtual classes with international experts and educational resources to be consulted independently;
- 1 week of intensive Bootcamp in Marseille, France, in partnership with the EMERGING Valley Summit (event dedicated to emerging innovations between Europe and Africa);
- The possibility for each participant to be followed by a mentor who is an experienced alumnus of the program;
- Networking, through integration into an active and ambitious international community of 200 entrepreneurs and networking with investors and financial partners during the Bootcamp.
To apply, the company must meet all of these criteria:
- Be a legally registered business;
- Justify a positive impact in Africa: social or environmental impact, activity serving vulnerable populations (women, people with disabilities, refugees, etc.) and/or creating jobs for these populations;
- Justify first customers, a turnover and a balanced economic model or a medium-term profitability objective;
- Have a desire for growth and present a scaling-up strategy taking into account the maximization of social or environmental impact.
- The candidate representing the company, designated here by the term “project leader”, must be the founder, co-founder, manager, or at least in a position to make strategic decisions for the company.Will not be eligible:
- Individual applications;
- Associations that do not have an economic model or profitability objective;
- Public and parapublic organizations;
- Companies at the project stage (without first income, prototype, or proof of concept).
How to Apply
The application must be completed via the official website and must consist of:
- An application form to fill out (questions about the project leader, the company, its structure, its impact, and its scaling-up strategy).
- Proof of legal registration of the company (registration document, articles of association, etc.).
- Financial statements for the last 3 years (or if a younger company, since its creation).
- Detailed CV of the project leader.
- As an option, a pitch deck or a presentation of your company (optional).
Deadline: The submission of applications runs between May 21 – July 3, 2021.