The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) invites applications for the Regional Governance of Protected Areas in West Africa Master Scholarships in Environmental Science for African Students for the 2021/22 academic year.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is a Union of Members composed of governments and civil society organizations. It provides public, private, and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools necessary for human progress, economic development, and the conservation of nature to proceed in harmony.
Founded in 1948, IUCN has grown over the years to become the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network. It draws on the experience, resources, and strength of its 1,300 Member organizations and the expertise of more than 13,000 experts. Today it is an international authority on the state of nature and natural resources in the world and on measures to preserve them. Our experts are divided into six Commissions, dedicated to species conservation, environmental law, protected areas, economic and social policies,
ecosystem management, and education and communication.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships are worth 5,000 Euros each.
- This amount covers all the expenses related to the program until its completion.
Students will be required to:
- Provide proof of enrolment in a Master degree programme (M1 or M2) related to the areas specified at the time of awarding the scholarship;
- Provide proof of at least 5 years of professional experience or a university degree in the field of the environment;
- Be nationals of a country of ECOWAS2/WAEMU3 Commissions States Members or of
- Be able to demonstrate adequate co-financing if the cost of the training exceeds the amount of the scholarship.
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to submit their application package containing:
- letter of acceptance to a Master’s programme that meets the eligibility criteria (or a request for enrolment in a Master’s programme with the understanding that proof of enrolment will be requested before the final award of the scholarship);
- cover letter;
- detailed CV;
- copy of the required diploma certificate;
- copy of the transcripts of the Bachelor (L1, 2, and 3) and Master (M1) degrees;
- research topic that will be addressed during the final internship of the Master’s degree as
well as the recommendation of a qualified lecturer or researcher to supervise and coach the work;
- Details of the additional financial contribution, if required.
Deadline: The closing date for applications is July 30, 2021.