The Commonwealth Secretariat and the Satellite Applications Catapult offer the Hack the Planet competition for people from Commonwealth nations in 2021.
They’re looking for your ideas on how to solve the challenges of our ocean with concepts that include the power of imagery, connectivity or other applications from satellites. Your ideas should relate to one of the 10 challenges set out in the Commonwealth Blue Charter.
Worth of Award
Participants in Hack the Planet 2021 can look forward to:
- The chance to win a prize-pool of £20,000 plus over £85,000 worth of satellite data and cloud computing services!
- The opportunity for virtual coaching from experts that can help support you throughout the competition
- The chance to pitch your idea to a panel of satellite and ocean experts
- The opportunity to network with peers, mentors, and experts
- Worldwide recognition for your idea
- Anyone who lives in a Commonwealth country, over the age of 18 can enter, either as an individual or as part of a small team of up to 5 people.
- You can also enter as a micro-enterprise – that’s a business with fewer than 10 employees. If you have any questions about your eligibility to enter the competition, please contact them on [email protected] before submitting an entry.
How to Apply
It’s easy to enter the competition. Just follow these three simple steps:
- Complete the registration form by clicking the ‘register’ button on the top right-hand side of this site
- Once registered, you will be logged in and you can click the ‘enter’ button to compete the entry form
- You can revisit your account to view and update your entry at any time until the closing date
Deadline: The application deadline is on May 31, 2021