Merrimack College in the USA is inviting applications for the Provost Fellowship for Master’s studies in the 2021/22 academic session.
At Merrimack, they want to help you spend less time stressing about finances and more time working toward your career goals. They are as invested in your future as you are.
Scholarships are available based on merit and need. Some programs offer graduate fellowships that cover full or half of the tuition costs.
Worth of Award
The Provost Fellowship provides 50% of a student’s graduate tuition and includes a nine-month, 15 hour per week, unpaid fellowship placement.
- College-funded fellowships may be awarded, competitively, to students who have been admitted to a graduate program and who are academically eligible. In order to maintain eligibility for a graduate fellowship, a student must be enrolled full-time and must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- The placement will provide training and experience in the program area in which the student is enrolled and is intended for the educational benefit of the student.
- Receipt of the fellowship and placement does not create an employment relationship with Merrimack and does not include any wages or monetary remuneration besides the tuition benefit.
- This fellowship includes either an on-campus or off-campus placement.
- Students limited to 20 hours a week for the unpaid fellowship (e.g., international students, etc.) will work with the program director/dean to arrange and account for an additional 5-hour-a-week research component that may include (up to 5 hours per week) scheduled meeting time with the respective program director/dean/designated instructor.
- If you are offered and accept an assistantship or fellowship position, you will not be eligible for any other discounts or scholarships, including a merit-based Dean scholarship or the Double Warrior alumni scholarship.
- If you are originally awarded a scholarship and then are given an assistantship fellowship placement, you will no longer receive the merit scholarship. The fellowship award will replace any other discounts.
Provost Fellowships are offered in the following programs:
- Civil Engineering
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Community Health Education
- Engineering Management (Project and Construction Management Concentrations)
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Health and Wellness Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Public Affairs
- School Counseling
- Social Work
How to Apply
- Every admitted student who is not receiving an assistantship or fellowship is considered for a Dean scholarship.
- A separate application is not required.
- Notification of scholarship awards is done at the time of notification of admittance.
Deadline: Applications close June 5, 2021 (International) and July 16, 2021 (International) for Fall 2021