The University of Queensland in Australia is inviting applications for the Destination Australia Scholarship for International Students for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Destination Australia scholarship is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment. The aim of the Destination Australia Program is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia and receive a high-quality learning experience.
Worth of Award
- The value of the scholarship will be $15,000 per year for the minimum number of years required to complete the course.
Scholarships are available only to students studying at UQ’s regional Gatton campus and living in a regional area.
For the current scholarships round, applicants must have a full offer for study in an approved program commencing in 2021, but need not have accepted the offer by the scholarship application deadline.
Destination Australia scholarships can be awarded to international students who meet and adhere to the following criteria for the duration of the scholarship:
- Are new to UQ in 2021
- Alumni commencing a different degree (i.e. Masters after a Bachelors) are eligible to apply
- Maintain ongoing residency in the regional area for the duration of the scholarship, as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure 2016 from the Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Are enrolled and studying at the UQ Gatton campus
- Are studying full-time in a degree that is fully delivered at UQ’s Gatton campus
- Are studying one of the following qualification levels:
- Bachelor Degree
- Bachelor Honours Degree
- Masters Degree
- See Terms and Conditions for list of eligible programs
- Are enrolled in an eligible program
- Maintain a student visa for the duration of the scholarship.
How to Apply
Lodge an official UQ application for entry into one of the eligible undergraduate or postgraduate programs fully delivered at the UQ Gatton campus (see Appendix), directly to The University of Queensland or through an approved UQ education agent.
Apply online: https://future-students.uq.edu.au/admissions or via:
UQ International Admissions Section
Level 2, JD Story Building
The University of Queensland
Brisbane, Queensland, 4072 Australia
Email: [email protected]
Note: Lodging an application requires you to pay UQ’s application fee for international students.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an offer. If your offer is a conditional or package offer you must meet all conditions by the scholarship closing date. The offer does not need to be accepted by the scholarship closing date.
Complete and submit the UQ Destination Australia online application form (International
Students). As part of the online application, applicants must submit a personal statement (300 words maximum), outlining:
- Why are you interested studying in a regional area in Australia?
- How have you contributed to your local community, and how do you plan to enrich the UQ Gatton community?
- What influenced and motivated you to choose your intended study program?
- How do you intend to plan your study with the current travel restrictions to best align with the eligibility for this scholarship? (i.e. only 1 semester of online study allowed)
Deadline: UQ must receive your program and scholarship applications by the scholarship
closing date at 23:59 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST): June 20, 2021 for a Semester 2 (July) commencement.