The Holy Spirit University of Kaslik in Lebanon is inviting applications for the International Students Scholarship Programme in the 2021/2022 academic session.
USEK’s International Students Scholarships Program (ISSP) is part of USEK’s internationalization strategy. It aims at attracting students from different backgrounds and countries on campus and enriching the academic experience of USEK’s current students by providing them with an international learning environment. Having both international and local students on campus is a catalyst for diversity and a key for students’ global engagement.
Unique among universities in Lebanon, USEK was the first university to be established by Lebanese citizens, this case by the Lebanese Maronite Order (OLM) monks, who have been placing their values in education since the 7th century. The educational programs and research development they offer all their students are in line with the official requirements of the Lebanese state, the Constitutions of the OLM and the social teaching of the Catholic Church on universities, and, more recently, with the American-style education system and international accreditations to give our students wider prospects abroad as well as in
Worth of Award
The ISSP gives you the chance to:
- Access to opportunities in one of the top universities in Lebanon.
- Strengthen your cultural and scientific knowledge.
- Pursue your higher education at USEK without allowing financial problems to stand in your way.
- Learn about the Middle East from a different perspective and engage with Lebanese students, which would allow further cultural exchange.
- Put your sports skills at use if you are an athlete and wish to potentially become part of our sports teams.
- Improve your language proficiency in your field of study, but also in your everyday life on campus
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees for bachelor or master programs (excluding remedial courses).
- Application fees, registration fees per semester, travel to/from Lebanon, dorms and living expenses are to be covered by the applicant.
For Undergraduate Studies
- Scholarships for a set of specific programs are offered to international students residing
outside Lebanon. Students with Lebanese origin residing abroad are eligible to apply, whereas binational students residing in Lebanon are not.
- Applicants should not be already enrolled at USEK.
- Applicants should meet the USEK admission criteria required for each program.
- Applicants should demonstrate a good academic standing. Please refer to paragraph 3.2 to know the admission criteria, as they may differ depending on the field of study you are choosing.
- Applicants’ willingness to participate in USEK sports’ activities is a plus.
For Graduate Studies
- International students who have completed their undergraduate degree and are willing to pursue a master’s degree are eligible to apply.
- They should have a minimum GPA of 85/100 on their bachelor’s degree.
- In addition to the above‐mentioned criteria, applicants should be willing to provide assistantship upon request (assistantship vacancies are posted on an annual basis).
How to Apply
- To apply, interested students should submit the required documents to
[email protected] by the deadline
- Incomplete applications or late submissions will not be considered.
- In addition to general eligibility requirements, each scholarship and academic award may
have specific eligibility criteria determined by the USEK committee in charge of administering scholarships.
Fall Semester: Friday, July 23, 2021 │GMT+2 (12:00 a.m. Beirut time)
Spring Semester: Friday, December 3, 2021 │GMT+3 (12:00 a.m. Beirut time)
Summer: No applications are accepted for the Summer Session.