Applications are invited from applicants from developing countries for six full PhD scholarships in the field of Global Change and Climate Economics at the University of Gothenburg,, Sweden.
The overall aim of this program is to contribute to sustainable development and the alleviation of poverty in the poorest countries. Countries include Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia. The choice of these countries has been made by the Swedish Government on the basis of long-term development cooperation.
- The program span is four to five years, of which the first two years consist of compulsory coursework in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, micro- and macroeconomics.
- The second year includes a sequence of courses in climate and environmental economics
To be eligible for the award, applicants must have:
- Strong background in economics, at least a master’s degree.
- Institutional affiliation, such as universities, research institutes etc.
- Must come from a developing country
- Analytical ability.
- Priority for Women.
- Documented interest in resource and environmental issues.
How to Apply
- Download application form online via their website (see link below)
- The filled in application form should be sent to: [email protected] . Do not send applications to any other e-mail address
- hard copy of your application can be sent to
University of Gothenburg
Department of Economics
SE 405 30 Gothenburg
Delivery address (for courier services):
SE 411 24 Gothenburg
Deadline: Application closes on April 1, 2014.