University College Dublin, Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School invites applications for Professor Brian Fynes Memorial Scholarship in the 2022/23 academic session.
Professor Brian Fynes was appointed Ireland’s first Full Professor of Supply Chain Management in 2007 and held many leadership positions at UCD College of Business and the wider university during his prolific career. He was Head of the Management Subject Area for a number of years and, more recently, Associate Dean (International), roles that also saw him making very significant contributions to the internationalisation of the UCD College of Business, attracting students, faculty, international partners and networks.
Brian’s work and teaching had a profound and lasting impact on a number of students and colleagues, and it is in this spirit that this scholarship is being offered. The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in Supply Chain Management and a desire to make a positive difference on graduating with an MSc in Supply Chain Management.
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is Ireland’s leading business school and research centre offering a world-class MBA, leading PhD programme, a wide range of specialist Masters for both business and non-business graduates as well as Executive Development courses.
Worth of Award
- The UCD Smurfit School MSc Academic Excellence Scholarship will be awarded to successful MSc candidates, with the scholarships covering from 25% to 50% of tuition fees.
- An undergraduate degree result of a first-class honours (Hons 1.1) or international equivalent.
- A strong curriculum vitae / resume.
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application.
- If required by a candidate, an overall IELTS of minimum 7.0, TOEFL 100 / 120 or equivalent scores in a test we recognise for our English Language Requirements.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit a 3 minute video on a relevant topic.
How to Apply
- There is no separate application process for this Scholarship.
- All course applications submitted before the deadline of 1st June 2021 will be considered for this scholarship.
- Following the assessment of all eligible applications shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Deadline: The application deadline is June 1, 2022.