The University of Queensland in Australia 2021 offers a PhD scholarship in Rehabilitation Engineering and Neuromechanics in the 2021/22 academic session.
A PhD position is available in the field of rehabilitation engineering and the neuromechanics.
The goal of our recently founded Medical Robotics and Neuromechanics research group at the School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering is to promote better rehabilitation outcomes following neurological injury or disease, and other musculoskeletal disabilities, through technological innovations.
Several projects are available at the interface of robotics, wearable sensors, augmented reality and multi-level neuro-mechanical modelling. Candidates with track record in these areas are encouraged to apply.
Worth of Award
- $28,597 per annum tax-free (2021 rate), indexed annually
- The selected PhD candidate will be expected to work in engineering and clinical settings.
- A working knowledge of basic neurophysiology, biomechanical modeling (OpenSim, AnyBody), hands-on experience in robotics (control), motion capture (optical and IMUs), and electromyography is a plus.
- To be eligible, you must meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research.
- This scholarship is open to Australian citizens, permanent residents and International students who are currently in Australia at the time of application and commencement.
How to Apply
There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
- check your eligibility
- prepare your documentation
- contact Dr Alejandro Melendez-Calderon ([email protected]) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
- When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study section you:
- Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
- Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’.
- Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘MELENDEZ-CALDERON‘ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field.
Deadline: Applications for PhD Scholarship in Rehabilitation Engineering close on May 30, 2021.