The United Nations Foundation offers semester-long full and part-time internships during the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms for undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates. The interns participate in a variety of activities and perform a variety of tasks in support of the department for which they work. The number and nature of internships depends on the needs of the various departments.
The Objectives of the Internship Program
- To expose students to the work of the UN and to encourage them to consider careers in the UN or UN related causes;
- To provide a framework by which graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds can utilize their theoretical knowledge in practical work assignments; and
- To aid the UNF/BWF in achieving its mission.
- Partnership Development
- Issue Areas: Children’s Health, Women & Population, Technology, Climate & Energy, US-UN Relations, Sustainable Development
- Public Affairs
- Finance and Grants Administration
Applicants should be enrolled in a degree-granting program in an undergraduate or graduate school during the internship, or should be a recent graduate with a demonstrated interest in the UN and international development.
We encourage you to visit this page regularly; new internships are posted by semester. The United Nations Foundation accepts internship applications for posted positions only.
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter online. The cover letter should be addressed to “Intern Administrator.” Only applications submitted online will be considered. Both the resume and cover letter should be in either Word or pdf format. Only completed applications with both a resume and cover letter will be considered.
Click on the internship you would like to apply for, and at the bottom of the page, select “Apply Now,” to fill out the application form.
Due to the volume of applicants, they are only able to contact those selected for interviews.
The United Nations Foundation/Better World Fund is an AA/EEO employer. They encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Click on any of the following links to read the specific guidelines and apply:
- mHealth Alliance: Program Intern (Full-Time) (Fall 2012)
- mHealth Alliance: Program Intern (Part-Time) (Fall 2012)
- Nothing But Nets Intern (Fall 2012)
- Public Affairs Online Intern (Fall 2012)
- Sustainable Energy for All Intern (Fall 2012)