King’s College London invites applications for its 2014 King’s Nigerian Law Scholars Fund for residents of Nigeria who wish to study law at King’s. This fund is intended to give students the opportunity to further their legal careers in an internationally recognised centre of excellence.
The winner will be selected on the basis of a personal statement as well as demonstrable financial need. Applicants must have a confirmed place to study the one year LLM Law programme at King’s College London in September 2014.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship will be worth £25,000 and will cover the full cost of your tuition fees for the year, as well as providing a living costs allowance whilst you are studying.
- For 2014-15 one scholarship of £25,000 will be available.
- The scholarship will be worth £25,000. This will comprise £18,400 to cover full tuition fees and £6,600 towards your living costs.
This Fund is open to residents of Nigeria only.
- Eligible students must:
- be undertaking the one year LLM Law programme at King’s, 2014 entry;
- have firmly accepted their offer of a place at King’s;
- be able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance;
- have provided a written personal statement;
- be ordinarily resident in Nigeria, and be liable for the international rate of tuition fees at King’s;
- be intending to return to Nigeria on completion of studies, to share the skills gained whilst studying at King’s;
- be willing to provide an end of year report and a letter of thanks to the donor.
How to Apply
- Applicants are to download the application form from their website (see details below)
- The application form should be completed, scanned and emailed to [email protected]. Alternatively it may be posted to Student Funding Office (address below),
- You must submit a word/pdf version of your supporting statement. This should be emailed to [email protected].
- Provided your application form has been accurately completed and the appropriate documentary evidence supplied, you will be notified of the decision by the end of July 2013.
- The successful candidate will be selected by panel of senior and academic Law School representatives.
For more details, you can contact: [email protected]
Deadline: Applications can be submitted from February 11, 2014 until Friday July 18, 2014