African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) in partnership with the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) and the OCP Group invite applications for the African Plant Nutrition Scholar Award Program in Morocco in 2021.
The African Plant Nutrition Institute is a not-for-profit research and education organization based in Benguérir, Morocco with additional offices located in Settat, Morocco; Nairobi, Kenya; and Yamoussoukro, Côte d’Ivoire. APNI’s Mission is Enhanced plant nutrition for a resilient and food secure Africa.
Worth of Award
The 2021 African Plant Nutrition Scholar Award Program will offer ten (10) awards of $2,000 U.S. Dollars to M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition.
Graduate students are eligible if they are:
- Currently attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
- Candidates for M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. degrees, who are currently enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline. To be eligible, M.Sc. and M.Phil students must be in the second year of their studies. Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible.
- Students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural science or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition are encouraged to apply.
- Past winners of the Award are not eligible.
How to Apply
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- Electronic copy of transcripts of all university work, including cumulative and final grade records (GPA or percentile).
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the major professor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and must include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A description of the focus of your thesis or dissertation research presented in a manner that will permit evaluation of its originality, depth, and scope, innovative approaches, and relevance.
- A brief description of any additional information that may be relevant to the award (such as honours or awards you have received, employment history, career goals, and other activities you pursue).
- You will be required to upload documents during the online application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
Deadline: Candidates must be enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline of May 31, 2021. Successful recipients will be notified in July 2021.