The University of Southern Maine invites applications for the Undergraduate International Merit Scholarships in the USA for the 2022/23 academic year.
Whether your international educational adventure starts in a country across the globe, or in a classroom in the middle of the USM campus, the Office of International Programs stands ready to help you make your international aspirations a reality.
The Office of International programs supports the university’s goal of ensuring that its students graduate prepared to be globally engaged citizens with international experience and global perspective.
In addition to coordinating support services for international students, study abroad, and international visitors, the office serves as a resource to the university and as a liaison to the broader community. The experienced and knowledgeable staff members routinely seek opportunities to encourage international affiliations and experiences for USM students, faculty, and students.
Worth of Award
The Undergraduate International Merit Scholarships at the University of Southern Maine include the following:
- USM Scholar with a GPA of 2.75-2.99 at $8,000/year and is available to 1st-year students only.
- Dirigo Scholar with a GPA of 3.0-3.49 at $10,000/year and is available to 1st-year students only.
- President’s Scholar with a GPA of 3.5 at $12,000/year and is available to 1st year and transfer students.
Note that scholarships will be renewable (4 years for first-year students and 3 years for transfer students) provided the recipient maintains the required minimum GPA.
- All international undergraduate students that apply to the University of Southern Maine will automatically be considered for Academic Merit-Based Scholarships.
- If the student meets the academic criteria they will be awarded a merit-based scholarship at the time of admission.
- This means that students will find out right away if they will receive a scholarship from USM and it also means that more students will receive scholarships.
NOTE: Students who already have a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree are not eligible for the following scholarships.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: October 15, 2022.