Sawiris Foundation for Social Development invites applications for the Sawiris Arts and Culture Scholarship for Highly Motivated Egyptian Students in Egypt for the 2021/22 academic year.
The Sawiris Arts and Culture Scholarship program targets highly motivated, talented, and socially engaged applicants, who are aware of the important role art plays in a flourishing and developing society.
It aims at fostering talents until they themselves are effective artists in the scene, who in return enrich their country and society with their acquired knowledge in their designated fields. Sawiris Foundation has always prided itself on ensuring quality education, both traditional and nontraditional, is accessible to everyone. One of its goals is to ensure all students have an accessible and inclusive environment to learn.
Performing Arts: This field includes- but not limited to Music, Singing, Theatre, Drama, Dance, Musical Theatre, Folklore, Acting, Directing, Play Writing, Costume Design, Set Design, Spoken Word, Songwriting, Music Production.
Visual Arts: This field includes but is not limited to Fine Arts, Sculpture, Fashion Design, Photography, Video Art, Animation, Textiles, Print Making, Performance Arts, Installation.
Film Studies: This field includes but is not limited to Filmmaking, Script Writing, Film Production, Directing, Post Production, Film Editing, Cinematography.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers tuition fees, learning materials, living allowance, travel expenses, and health insurance.
For degree programs:
To be an Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
• Unconditional admission in one of the approved universities in your targeted field for a bachelor’s or a master’s degree.
• Music students should have obtained a level 5 in the Trinity College London examination or in the Royal Schools of Music. (Both available in Egypt)
• The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
• Have not lived abroad for more than 3 years.
Commitment to return to Egypt and work in the field of study for 2 to 3 years directly after the successful completion of the degree.
How to Apply
- Receive your admission letter alongside expected program tuition fees from one of the approved universities in one of the previously mentioned fields.
- Submit the SFSD application with the required documents.
- Send your application to Sawiris Foundation through email on [email protected] mentioning the subject line “[Final Application_ your full name].
Deadline: May 15th, 2021.