Newcastle University is inviting applications for the Responsible Leadership Scholarship for MSc for International Students in the 2021/22 academic session.
They are looking to recruit the next generation of leaders from the North East who can demonstrate their potential to have a positive, sustainable impact on society and the economic recovery of the region. They are committed to supporting individuals who are not afraid to challenge the status quo and ask searching questions about what kind of society and economy they want to create.
They aim to attract students from all sectors whose organisations or role directly addresses or contributes to challenging one of the key UN Sustainable Development Goals. The diversity of our cohort is central to our philosophy of a challenging and developmental learning space for all our students and to reflect the regional social and economic landscape in the North East.
They are particularly keen to attract candidates from under-represented groups such as those from Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Communities. The Scholarships will reward candidates who have the potential to empower, motivate and provide direction in their context.
Successful candidates will demonstrate how their work directly impacts on the UN Sustainable Development Goals and (although not limited to) inclusivity and social justice.
Worth of Award
- 1x Full Scholarship of £24,000 (Executive MBA), payable towards the cost of tuition fees
- 4x Top Up Scholarship of £6,000 (Executive MBA), payable towards the cost of tuition fees
- completed the scholarship application form including submitting a personal statement of no more than 1,000 words to demonstrate how your work directly impacts on the UN Sustainable Development Goals and in particular (although not limited to) inclusivity and social justice and how you would contribute to the experience of your Executive MBA cohort in relation to this.
- completed and submitted an online Executive MBA programme application form (Full Scholarship) OR a Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship leading to a Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies Request for Training Form (Top Up Scholarship)
- live in and/or work in the North East
- represent an under-represented group within a particular organisation or sector, which may include:
- working in an SME or third sector organisation including charities, social enterprises and voluntary organisations
- working in an organisation or have a role that directly supports a more sustainable future for the region and beyond
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to Strategic Leadership MSc 2021 entry
- have substantive leadership/ managerial experience (minimum 3 years, ideally 5 years prior to starting the programme)
- preferably hold the equivalent of a UK 2:1 honours degree (however, applicants who do not meet this requirement but can demonstrate relevant work experience above the minimum plus significant career progression may also be considered)
- perform well at interview across all competency areas
How to Apply
- Complete the online programme application for Strategic Leadership MSc by clicking on the “Apply now” button and Sustainable Impact Scholarship application form with a personal statement.
- These will be reviewed by the Executive Education Review Panel.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until July 4, 2021 ET. Late applications will not be accepted.