Ghent University invites applications for the PhD in Animal Experimental Psychology in Belgium for the 2021/22 academic year.
The PhD position in animal experimental psychology will be co-funded by an ERC (European Research Council) consolidator grant and a Methusalem grant (Flemish government). The research will be led by Prof. Frederick Verbruggen (Department of Experimental Psychology) at Ghent University in close collaboration with other professors.
Worth of Award
The applicant will
- have access to state-of-the-art UGent research facilities at the WRC.
- have the opportunity to collaborate with other lab members, working on different avian species at the WRC.
- also have the possibility to collaborate with other national and international research groups.
- PhD position in (animal experimental) psychology with a competitive salary.
Candidates with the following criteria are highly sought after.
- An appropriate degree (preferably a research master) in psychology, biology, or a related discipline. The degree requirements must be fulfilled at the start of the job appointment.
- Evidence of excellent research, communication, and cooperative skills.
- Good English writing and communication skills are mandatory. Knowledge of Dutch is not required.
- Prior research experience (e.g. involvement in data collection).
- Good data analysis skills; knowledge of R is desired.
- A (FELASA) certificate for animal work or prior experience with working with animals is a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, please send
- transcripts of BSc and MSc courses and grades,
- copies of educational certificates (if applicable), and
- letters or contact information of two referees as a single pdf to Frederick Verbruggen ([email protected]).
- For further information on the project or details about the position, please also contact Frederick Verbruggen ([email protected]).
Deadline: The closing date for this is June 4, 2021. Interviews are expected to take place in the fourth week of June 2021.